Thread: News Stories
View Single Post
Old 2009-12-04, 08:28   Link #4874
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusa-San View Post
Totally agree with you. The truth is I don't like the globalization (in fact, I absolytely hate it ) . For me, it's killing the culture of country.
Globalisation is a time bomb just waiting to explode. The first and primary aspect that people aren't liking about globalisation is that it's completely destroying the middle class. With globalisation, you'll begin to see more and more franchises operating worldwide. Small coffee shops owned privately by a family are slowly being replaced by large corporations like Starbucks. Small corner shops owned by someone will suffer when a franchise decides to create its own chain of shops. Small businesses are suffering because of globalisation.

The other thing I think some people don't realise is that globalisation can be a good thing as these franchises I speak of operate worldwide and people can benefit from them. It's connecting countries together through a world economy, something that did not exist up to 3 or 4 centuries ago to the same extent as we have now. People see this as a benefit to the world economy. For all these reasons, globalisation could even become the bane of world economy. Globalisation is creating a web connecting all the countries in the world. If a piece of that web is broken, all the other knots will come away and the web will be destroyed. We experienced a taste of it in this recession. As globalisation spreads, I expect the entire world will become more prone to these recessions because of this interconnection.

What's more is that it's destroying specialties. Different countries have different resources, different things they can contribute if one wants world trade to flourish, but globalisation isn't taking advantage of that. It's merely outsourcing labour where it is cheaper and then exporting it back to the original location, foregoing opportunities that can be best exploited in Europe, for instance.