View Single Post
Old 2011-08-20, 08:24   Link #15
Seiryuu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazing CobaltX View Post
Oh, that one sounds interesting enough, I might try that. Thanks.
Which one?

Perhaps you could explain a little better just what you mean by "angst"? It seems like some of us (self included) are a little unclear on just what to go for there. If you just mean trauma, worry and fear, then I'd again recommend Bitter Virgin. It doesn't go into the over-the-top sort of depression/frustration that some manga do, but rather shows more thoroughly the actual fears, anxieties, struggles and issues that the girl faces, as well as the guy who falls for her, and the girls who'd already fallen for him. Kusunoki Kei wrote this shortly after recovering from a miscarriage, and she seems to have gotten a good grasp on the different people's pains.

If by angst you're talking about "teen complex" stuff (see Ore no Imouto ga Konna ni Kawaii Wake ga Nai's Kuroneko for example), I'm not sure I can help you. Sometimes that sort of thing goes too far and seems to just use rape as a reason to get the hero mad or further the plot, and don't deal well enough with it to really show how the characters would be effected.

BTW, some time ago I made a request that might be kind of similar, looking for "rape as trauma". You might find some stuff there. Be warned though that I'm over 18 and allowed hentai, given that it was done very seriously and the sexual content had a legitimate purpose and meaning. I asked for anything too mature to be marked though.

And as for the anime I mentioned...
Spoiler: