View Single Post
Old 2011-11-07, 03:17   Link #94
Kokukirin
Shadow of Effilisi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuutsu View Post
I always found it a little bit difficult to believe that Archer (Emiya) would not even pose a match for other servants.

Yes, Archer's stats are on the low side of the scale; however, what he lacks in raw firepower he more than makes up for in skill and finesse. I can't imagine the battle-hardened warrior engaging in a fight without gaining some sort of advantage from UBW (where I can agree on is whether or not UBW provides enough of a boon to help Archer win).

As he fights more and more battles, he is only going to get stronger and stronger all-the-while he is adding more weapons to his armory. I'd argue that more likely than not, he will have some sort of weapon that can give him a boost over his opponent.

In the event that he does not, he still has many other options at his disposal. He is an Archer, after all. Who says he needs to engage his opponent in direct combat (though he is certainly not lacking in this department, being able to fend off Cuchulain's ridiculously fast attacks through sheer badassery)? He has Broken Phantasms such as Hrunting and Caladbolg at his disposal while UBW can provide suppressive fire (though I acknowledge the latter's use will diminish against agile servants or strong ones like Zero Berserker).

Worse comes to worse, he can always trace Excalibur and force a double-KO. Still counts as a kill in my books. : P

VERY impressive considering the dude had to work from the ground-up without any divine talent or myth n' fame to help him out. Imagine what could happen if Nasu didn't gimp him with Shirou's crappy Magic Circuits!!! OP much?

: ) Part of what makes him so gar, though.
Archer's greatest advantage over other servants is perhaps his adaptability. He has an immense arsenal of weapons in form of UBW. He is skilled enough to fight up close, and even better if he is at range.

Even so, after accounting for his low stat and other servants' NPs, Archer would probably rank no higher than middle the scale.
Kokukirin is offline   Reply With Quote