View Single Post
Old 2011-04-15, 01:28   Link #129
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
What, is "Love interest" enough to consider something NTR?
Last time I checked, it needs to be lover.
Though I guess to some Otaku, there is no difference.

Still, dang, I wonder how many NTR occur in real life with that description.
If every girl was my love interest, then...! Every other guy in the world would be NTR-ing!
(;゚Д゚)(゚Д゚;(゚Д゚; )ナ、ナンダッテー!!
If you insist your definition is correct, that's fine. Except there's enough hints to suggest in this case, the feelings are reciprocal. I'm saying it's something that bothers Kimimaro, not me nor you so you don't have to be defensive about it.

Could spare me the sarcasm though, thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post

Lol.. you have to have something to lose it, and if anyone is going to "lose" Hanabi it will be her current boyfriend.

They're also 19 year old characters, it's also NoitaminA, think of the fanbase. It's not full of otaku losers still crying over the horrid NTR of Kannagi. Holy shit Kate had two lovers aside from Prince William, good thing this wasn't an anime or the otaku would be up in arms!
I agree about the fanbase might be aimed at older audiences, but that doesn't necessarily prevent it from being netorare. All it needs is to induce jealousy for the protagonist and that criteria is already satisfied. Nowhere did I say you have to invoke the viewers' jealousy for it to be netorare, unless you're putting yourself in the perspective of Kimimaro unknowingly?

Anyway I don't see why some people need to quickly jump on this anti-otaku wagon thing whenever netorare is mentioned, does that make them feel superior? Who knows. But I think it's appreciated if people can discuss something without using ridicule. This forum is also full of "otaku", so I can't say how many people were disappointed in what they just had to read through. I don't think any of us are qualified to judge people anyway, these "loser otaku" you are labeling.
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote