View Single Post
Old 2011-06-12, 15:05   Link #45
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
The confrontation between Ohana and her mother was excellent. This may sound odd given my earlier points on this thread, but I'm actually glad that Satsuki was presented as such an unabashed antagonist, as this provides Ohana with the perfect foil to go up against. In many ways, it makes Ohana's earlier conflict with the Management Consultant seem like mere practice for the mother vs. daughter main event.
As much as I despise her, I doubt that Satsuki is going to remain as unabashedly horrible as she was these past few episodes. There is likely going to be an attempt to ''redeem'' her and show that she has her own personal demons that make her so self centered, most likely coming from her days back at Kissuiso and what sort of relationship she had with her mother, going by the tone of the series and what sort of writer Okada is.

Of course, whether or not these reasons are valid or reasonable remains to be seen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
I have to say that Okada does romantic conflict as well as any anime writer around, and that certainly came through nicely in this episode.
Yes, occasionally, she does make some interesting romantic plot lines when she is more focused.

At the moment, I'm gathering that Kohana is where the core is meant to be at for the romantic plot, but I'm honestly far more interested in Minchii's position. She clearly had developed feelings of great respect for Ohana, and I think it's safe to say that she sees her as a friend (though she may not want to admit that heh) so what will happen once Tooru makes his move? Ko likes Ohana, but in case it doesn't work out, has this other girl who's waiting for him, Ohana is already interested in Ko, and Tooru obviously has been developing (unbelievably) some Romantic feelings towards her. At the moment she's the one who has the best chance of being royally screwed by the incoming battle, whether by Tooru not returning her feelings or by her stepping aside for her friend (or wanting her beloved to be happy)