Thread: Hyouge Mono
View Single Post
Old 2011-09-20, 20:45   Link #79
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Certain episodes stand out above the crowd even within an otherwise excellent series; episode six was one of them for me. The pacing was outstanding: One dramatic situation followed another; I couldn't wait to see what was about to happen every time the scene changed.

Sasuke shows a remarkable ability for diplomacy. (Too bad we can't the solve the Palestinian problem with a tea cup.)

What a conundrum, though. Do you think he'll tell Osen in the next episode? I couldn't tell from the lady's reaction if Sasuke proved himself; saying she was going to go look for a "warrior" suggested he wasn't the man she was seeking. You'd have to think his mind was divided throughout the entire encounter, though. Do you think this lady will reappear in the future?

Lucky for Sasuke there's a pond down there.

I've never been a BEE TRAIN fan, but that has had more to do with the content of their best-known shows than their abilities as animators. Whatever mixed feelings I may have had about the studio came to abrupt end when I saw that illustrated room. It reminded me of Nakamura and his team's work in Mononoke and Matsuo and Arai's work in Kure-nai. Like Sasuke I would have loved to take one of those scrolls home; the one with the mother and child was quite beautiful. The illustrations of the interior of Nobunaga's keep in an earlier episode were equally stunning.

I apologize for any nudging I've done about this series. You folks are doing a wonderful job; I'll be quiet now.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote