View Single Post
Old 2006-04-04, 23:53   Link #15
Conri

Quote:
Originally Posted by sally60
I didn't like HiME's deathmatch system. It brought about carefully orchestraed sadism and really grossed me out.
Oh, but I loved that! Mai-HiME made me feel emotion, made me love the characters (a bit too much, says my wallet to my collecting nature) and then tore them apart, the music was some of the most beautiful and memorable anime music I've encountered, and the ending--that I'll never understand why so many people complain about--was just right for a show that was built up as a comedy until it hit the world's tallest loop-de-loop roller coaster.

Mai Otome was enjoyable in its own right; some awesome new character designs, it made me love certain characters even more, potential for dramatic action and plot on a grander scale... However, numerous little things got to me...the fanservice was a bit more blatant, the music wasn't as moving, the new main characters weren't as endearing, the pacing was a bit off. While I saw both endings as rushed upon first viewing, Otome didn't give me any emotion, wheras HiME gave me a warm fluffy feeling...I was very happy to see the result of Miyu's vortex.