View Single Post
Old 2004-09-30, 20:49   Link #5
pyu
Crouchety Old Man

Send a message via MSN to pyu
Quote:
Yumi gets to look after both Touko-chan and Kanako-chan throughout this novel. In many ways, this novel reinforces that they are the top two candidates for Yumi's soeur....
I can't help but thinking that if these 2 are the top two candidates, then Yumi wouldn't be as fortunate as Shimako who has found a kindred spirit in Noriko.

Touko, well, she's a very complex person. She's playful and sometimes appears to be down right malicious, but from the last episode in ~Haru~, Yumi seems to have the younger girl figured out - even manages to make the poor girl flush a bit . Perhaps a third season would expand on and allow us poor non-Japanese readers to see the rather unconventional relationship between Yumi and Touko...

Not too sure about Kanako since she doesn't even appear in ~Haru~, but I don't think Yumi would want someone who is utterly obsessed with her and worship the ground she walks on as her petite soeur. But then again, from what kj1980 says, it seems only Touko (among the first years) doesn't worship the ground Yumi walks on anyway...

Then again, I remember kj1980 saying both girls firmly rejected the idea that they would even become Yumi's petite soeur. Denial?

The way I see it, Yumi choosing a petite soeur would mean another stage of her growth as a character...