View Single Post
Old 2011-01-30, 02:54   Link #21777
Kylon99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renall View Post
Did she really know them well enough to say that? Especially the rehabilitation of Krauss and Natsuhi - the two people she would have opportunity to know - in Chiru, which makes the two of them seem almost incapable of it.

But to turn around and say "Well, Eva/Hideyoshi or Rosa or Rudolf/Kyrie might get pushed that far" is... how do I say this... presumptuous. How the hell does she know they'd kill for money? Especially if we believe this whole "empathy for everybody involved" rot. If you feel so strongly for everybody, why are you suspecting them?
Well, Natushi and Krauss are not included in my thinking. Red text and characterization and all that, like you say.

I'm not thinking that they kill for money though, I'm thinking that they will let the situation get out of hand and wind up accidently killing people. Anger, hatred, misconceptions, misunderstandings, etc. Especially since it was portrayed in EP7 that Eva killed Natsuhi 'accidently' she said. I'm thinking that that is the possibilty Yasu believed in. Or perhaps feared?

Quote:
If you feel so strongly for everybody, why are you suspecting them?
I can suspect those I feel for, because I believe that good people can do bad things. This seems to have been the message since the days of Higurashi. And we were looking at how Umineko may have had the same themes.

Quote:
But since the message bottles seem to provide a clear answer - scapegoating Shannon/Kanon/Beatrice - apparently she doesn't believe the adults are actually capable of killing when forced into that position, because they apparently don't.
Hmmm... it's true about EP1 and 2. Maybe Yasu doesn't think this. However, EP3 shows Battler DOES think this with Eva shooting Battler. Even though it seems like she really didn't in the real world. Even if Battler can't remember it, he could look down to see no holes in his chest. 8)

Also... "rot?" Hyperbole, much? 8)
Kylon99 is offline   Reply With Quote