View Single Post
Old 2012-10-21, 01:26   Link #336
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
So I met my first Sectopod... and wow. Nobody died, but that one unit alone basically gave a groin-kicking to my entire squad. Multiple reaction-shots? Cover busting multi-laser? My assault can't close in without getting new chest holes, my support kinda scratches it only with their Plasma Guns, and I had to almost-suicide my Heavy with her Plasma Cannon to bring it down. Sniper couldn't get a good bead on it either because it was indoors.

So... what are the good tactics against it? Because I don't think I'll have the medkits to handle two...

The way to go is Heavy(s) with either metal storm or rockets. Remember, the "double damage against robots" works with rockets. It might be a good idea to bring two heavies in late game just to blow up sectopods.

Use rockets, then have Assult charge in with Lightning Reflexes, Run&Gun, Killer Instinct AND Rapid Fire.

Rapid Fire is key. Two shots in one turn is worth it.

The truth is the Sectopod is the only enemy you had to spec your soldiers around. In fact the Heavy seem to be born purely as a Sectopod kiler.