View Single Post
Old 2012-02-09, 21:32   Link #27815
Toku

When Bern cut Clair open with the scythe and those red scenes popped up, I always had a hard time figuring out exactly what they all had to do with each other. Actually, they all seemed really unrelated. Just, various tragic things, one of which we already knew about at that point (which just made it seem out of place).

But I guess, it just goes to show that all three of the Beatrices had their lives completely messed up by Kinzo, directly or indirectly. And while they might have hated what he did or what happened to them, none of them seem to hate him specifically. I wonder why that is.

You know, actually, it makes me think that George inherited this from Kinzo. Because of the things he confessed to Shannon in EP6. It really seems like George and Kinzo are/were similar in many ways. So I don't particularly like either of them that much. And, because of things like this, I don't think Battler is really that much like Kinzo.

Oh, another thing. Since I'm new to Umineko, I wasn't around when EP6 and 7 were released and translated, but now that I look back a little... Well, I could be wrong, but it seems like people in general didn't like those episodes either. So I guess the whole controversy over EP8 isn't anything new at all. Do any of you know why 6 and 7 seem to have received similar treatment? I thought they were pretty good myself.
Toku is offline   Reply With Quote