Thread: Licensed Tari Tari
View Single Post
Old 2012-07-02, 20:10   Link #315
FredFriendly
Beyond the Fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocari_Sweat View Post
I watched the episode a second time and I realized something in the OP. At about 0:45, it shows Taichi and the xxxxxxx music teacher jogging. Mother and son? Aunt and Nephew maybe?
Quote:
Noticed one more thing about the op. There's a brief scene of the xxxxxxx music teacher and supposedly her best friend back when they were in high school. They looked pretty happy and outgoing and then suddenly switches to her walking with regret or some sort. I smell some major drama here.
That's some serious hate you've already developed, and it's only the first episode.

As to your identification of the young girls during the OP, how do you know who they are and what their relationship is? The darker-haired one does look like a young version of the music teacher. The jogger also does seem to be the music teacher.

As for me, the school girls are cute enough, but that music teacher, as cold and cruel as might seem to be, is a very attractive woman. Something we don't often see in high school oriented animes.

And we do seem to have at least two bucket loads of drama looming. Whatever it is that makes the music teacher so miserable, and what seems to be bothering Sakai so much that she gets so mad and yells at Miyamoto? Perhaps something to do with the child we saw at the beginning of the episode? Just a guess.

Sakai also seems to be a recent, perhaps very recent, transfer student. Not only hinted at by the conversation with the pregnant teacher, but her bookshelf was empty, and boxes piled up at home. And which boy do you think will be taking supplementary classes with her next week?

In reflection, I must say that the anime staff did a pretty good job, for a first episode, and within the limited time frame, of characterizing the main cast so that the audience has a general idea of their personalities, and can readily identify them. Miyamoto got the most treatment, obviously because she's the catalyst for the independent choir. And she was darn cute practicing her singing in public.
FredFriendly is offline   Reply With Quote