View Single Post
Old 2013-10-29, 12:48   Link #11
itachi29al

Id rather not have Naruto save the day with a pep talk. I don't like how the villains in series are suddenly redeemable. This might be the reason i am huge fan of characters like Deidara, Hidan, and Kakuzu, because thus far they are the only villains that have had redemption through pep-talk when you think about it. I mean this whole villain turing a leaf in the end worked with charcters like Zabuza and Gaara but not it just getting annoying.Look at it

Sasori- Redeemed through a pep talk from Kankuro
Konan- Redeemed when Naruto redeemed Nagato
Nagato- Redeemed in like one chapter through random talk concerning Jariya
Orochimaru- Seems like even he's not such a bad guy any more( despite basically being the incarnation of evil in the first series.)
Kisame- Eeeeh, maybe not completely redeemed but then again he was never really evil more altruistic. Still they made sure he appeared like good person when he died, but a more forgivable offense.
Sasuke- Hard to say but dosn't seem like the homicidal dick he used to be. Then again the extremeness of his fall to evil (not talk when he left to orochimaru but they way he acted post-itachi death)
Danzo- Died as sympathetic character..but yet again not sure he was really a villain. Not good person by any means, but more brutally pragmatic.
Itachi- I suppose more forgivable as he did not really have redemption per say, as he was never bad person, but still it was redemption in the reader mind. But since it was pretty important plot point and dint exactly come out of nowhere, i mean i always suspected their was something up with him, it would have been fine on its own, but an addition to others mentioned, it just adds to this ridiculous trend.
Kabuto- Died having a level of redemption and slightly sympathetic death.
And now we have obito, and with Madaara newly revealed bromance the 1rst im sure he will die a redeemable man too, a shame because he was starting to look like one of the first truely evil villains.
Im not saying i dont want the villains to have complexity, but when they do 360 right before the die it ruins the complexity that is built up and make their motives seem trivial and childish. It also belittle the horrible acts they did. And this series just wont a villain be a villain with few exceptions. I understand giving them complex and able to be related to motives help us relate to the charcter, but given the horrendous acts their committing the motive need to be pretty strong, not just trivial ideas that a spiky orange haired kid can pep-talk you out of.