View Single Post
Old 2009-06-27, 10:46   Link #92
faervas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Yes I am criticizing this show for not being something else in having had characters that actually evolved and grew. Is this a problem? For me the problem is that in order to escape into a show I actually have to be engrossed by it throughout the majority of the episodes run time. K-On was rarely engrossing to me and thus viewed as escapism it was a failure. What else do people want me to say? Do they want me to lie? Cause right now I am being honest. Apparently that's not exactly good enough though and I have to find something extra special in a series that just doesn't warrant me to. If people want me to lie then let me know because really it doesn't bother me either way at this point since people already know the truth.
I think 1 you should lead off with these ideas about your perception of the show. it's what everyone has been pointing out about your argument. That understand the appeal beyond your ego. 2 your arguments are attacks on people who enjoy the show. you infer that enjoying K-On they must be less intelligent they you. that if they were they would not like the show.

The Growth you are asking for is there. These girls have learned to trust each other and become friends. The over use of the same gags are kind of true to life. the least popular episodes seem to show the most growth like the second training weekend at the beach. Other examples are Mio learning to brake out of her shyness when she needs to get the job done. Yui understanding her strength/weakness of being able to learn one thing well and using it to her advantage. All these subtle things that you may have not noticed are there and become part of each characters persona as the show moves along. are these girls the same girls from the start of the show as they are at the end of the show. some are and some are not. Ritsu I think is the only that has not grown. I think that's the fault of the lack of content to draw from. I think that's is the major weakness of the show. The manga up to that point have just finished laying the foundation of all the characters of the manga. The anime had to flush out a lot of messing pieces to give the K-On world plausibility.

You are getting something out of it. Why else watch it? If it's not worth viewing why do you watch it? I think that's the enigma that everyone who addresses your post. Some desire must be fulfilled. Why else watch it then go through the effort to read the forum and post your analysis of the show ever week.