View Single Post
Old 2012-09-18, 12:55   Link #30645
Renall
BUY MY BOOK!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by musouka View Post
Hahaha, sure! Yes, that dastardly Yasu, having ambivalent feelings about the man that made her put on the dress her mother died in, console the heart of the man that raped her mother, and then only told her these things after the fact. Yes, yes, poor, tragic Genji.
Assuming any of that is true, or that any of that actually happened. And if we can supposedly understand a person's drive to commit murder, I'm sure we can totally understand Genji, right? Right? Oh wait, we can't if we don't know anything about him. We literally have no idea why he does anything, be it in stories or reality, other than a vague sense of "loyalty" to either Kinzo or Yasu.

So right, other than a highly metaphorical scene that stretches all bounds of plausibility and a lot of things he may have said that we have no context for, and disregarding all the things we know he confirmably would have to have done, he's quite an ass.

On the other hand, he's apparently characterized as pretty selfless, at least in the sense that he has no actual self. So that still makes him a better person than either of his masters. Possibly. Unless he's actually a huge dick inside.

You can't seriously expect to go anywhere with criticism of the behavior of a character who is left entirely unreadable. But I suppose that's to be expected.
Quote:
Originally Posted by battle22 View Post
...What makes you think Yasu was the culprit? As Aura suggested she might be covering for somebody else, You guys don't pity Yasu?, She was born from Incest, She had her body damaged to the point where she could not tell her freakin' Gender , How horrible is this? I admit that nothing can justify murder , but Yasu might not actually be the culprit and I would also never dare to call him/her Bastard. Mostly on Gameboards , first twilights are faked and then are lead into real crimes, Meaning it didn't went as Yasu wanted, I am sure she would never kill someone and I am sure she did no such thing in Rokkenjima Prime. Sorry if I came off as offensive , I didn't want to sound like that
No, I don't pity her. At all. She has a pretty nice life. There are a lot of people within the context of the story itself presented as living far worse lives than she has and finding hope and strength in them. People who do not pity themselves. People who are desperately searching for a solution.

Everything she considers so tragic and dangerous are fantasies of her own making inside her own head. The reality of her situation is that she is living a good life with decent people and has been treated incredibly well - even excessively favorably - by a number of people who owe her nothing.

And she is torn up over feelings of teenage angst which change nothing and are not the end of the world, and broiling in self-pity over things that might not have even ever actually happened to her, at least so far as she knows. And she's upset about not being able to see a person when no barriers whatsoever exist to her trying to do so if she wishes.

Plus, if she is a mass murderer... it's really only my belief that it's not in her nature to actually do something like that which prevents me from going deeper into that. But she's just kind of an annoying person as-is. Throw that in the mix and she becomes outright despicable.

So, I pity Maria. I don't pity Yasu. The world hands Yasu everything and she doesn't want it because of a passing fancy. The world craps in Maria's face on a daily basis and she copes with it. Why should I consider the two equivalent?
This story is a redacted confession.

Blog (VN DL) - YouTube Playlists
Battler Solves The Logic Error
Renall is offline   Reply With Quote