View Single Post
Old 2006-04-24, 19:40   Link #3
wrex_japan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukreih
So..the 2006 version of Yokai Ningen Bem aired this April and all that I could express was dissapointment.It just portrays famous monsters from various legends(such as the Harpy) who attacks humans never kills them cuz the show's for children,and Bem,Bera and Bero is always there to kill them(in the name of JUSTICE!<-crosses hands like SailorMoon).Overall it ended up being a shallow piece of work with only improved animation quality.They did a nice job adapting all the original designs from the 60s,but that's all there's there to compliment. I would be watching this til the end though,just because I'm a fan.At least I should badmouth it after watching the whole thing :P
Official site for remake version: http://www.bem-tv.com
I wouldn't say it's just a monster of the week film. Like the original series where they are on a quest to be human, the first two episode shows Bero's interaction with Kira and how she can accept him, but not her parents. The third one deals with Bera's encounter with Sora, who thinks she's human, and she must sadly try to stay away from him before he learns the truth. Along with fighting monsters, they are slowly exploring discrimination and acceptance.
wrex_japan is offline   Reply With Quote