View Single Post
Old 2009-08-27, 14:49   Link #69
Ice Block
less qq; more pewpew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heatth View Post
Eh, I know that. Munto was created before Kyoani becomes popular right?

Also really don't matter how the new style is called. People call it K-ONstyle because it wa the first popular anime to use it. "No one" knows Munto, so call it Munto style is kinda pointless.

(also, "no one" know the 4koma K-ON as no "one know" the 4koma Lucky*Star)

By 'no one' I mean 'most people' and, for this forum intent 'most Haruhi's fans'.
Munto OVA 1, yep. Released a few months before Fumoffu. And yeah, incorrect labeling doesn't really matter (in the long run and to everyone else). I just feel that this labeling seems somehow... incorrect, IMO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Or, you could accept the fact that fans can like a show overall, and still make constructive criticism of elements of it
...and not act like they're stuck in a time loop. I guess people are tsundere for E8 after all. This is all fine, however I am not pleased with the constant degradation of certain shows just because they "delayed" Haruhi and somehow affected its holiness. This is inevitable though, as I was expecting Haruhi to push everything else down when it kicks into high gear, and if it falters then the preceding shows would take the butt of the whine stick.

Just to be clear:
zzz K-On style again... = bad
what the fuck did they do to the character designs?! = good

And, sorry to crush your hopes, but we're not getting the old art style back. Animation quality, perhaps, and it is getting there. Art style? No. Or have you not differentiated these two?
Quote:
Also, there is no consistent art shift, Ice Block. That's what's causing the art style discussions to continue. If Haruhi 2009 was K-Onified all the time, I probably would have dropped the subject by now... if not the anime itself, to be brutally frank. However, the art style for the new episodes this year is all over the board.
There were only two episodes that were "K-Onified", E8 3 and 4. And there is (was) a consistent art shift. Character portraits from different episodes may not be totally superimposable, but the general "style" (character design) is preserved throughout, except E8 3, and to a lesser extent E8 4. And, to be curious, how much of K-On! did you actually watch?

And whining =/= doing something about it. And I hope discussion regarding this matter ends here.

Quote:
I've seen great animes by JC Staff, I've seen great animes by Gainax, I've seen great animes by Kyoto Animation, I've seen great animes by Shaft, I've seen great animes by countless different animation studios.
Coincidentally, all the named studious here are currently popularly considered "Above Average". What I'm trying to say is that the animation company handling a show should be your first reference, provided you are familiar with the company's previous works. And this is mostly in terms of expectations. You don't pick up a show by Studio Deen and proceed to complain about animation quality. You don't pick up a Gonzo show and then complain about "bad and confusing" endings. Likewise, you don't pick up a KyoAni show and complain about lack of original content. You don't pick up a Sunrise mecha show and complain about stock "scene templates" during MS battles. You don't pick up a SHAFT show and complain about getting SHAFTed. (You don't expect to be pleased by the Toei adaptation of a KEY game.)

Most companies have their quirks and specialties, niches if you will (ex: Sunrise - Mecha). They stick to these for higher chances of win, since they have usually mastered the formula over time. But isn't it interesting when you see a studio tackle on something from outside it's niche? Of course it is, but you'd have to come to it with lower expectations (ex: KyoAni - Munto TV).