View Single Post
Old 2012-06-20, 18:17   Link #3284
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyRedLeaf View Post
Who said anything about the quest for truth?

The quest for certainty is expressed through our innate need for something to believe in. We all share this.
We all share the need to breathe. We don't have to make it the center of our lives.

Quote:
It's part of the human condition. A need for meaning, a desire for life to have value.
You lost me. How do you go from "certainty" to "value". And that disconnect makes the rest of your post largely incomprehensible. Even if I understand isolated sentences, I don't see how they relate to your point about "living", or "the quest for certainty", or spirituality.

Quote:
To be human is to be aware of the concept of value. To be bereft of this awareness is to be something inhuman.

I said nothing about the importance of this awareness. I merely stated that it's there and that it's folly to deny that it exists within each and every one of us. I believe that, for many of us, the denial or ignorance is so strong that it would take a lot of living just to overcome the mental block, to recognise that the awareness exists.
Who the hell denies the very concept of value? And how does living come into it?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote