View Single Post
Old 2012-10-22, 02:42   Link #1155
Bassoonicmayhem
The Procrastinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
Instead, a question I would pose is why hasn't Ichigo yet to notice or state anything weird about using getsuga tenshou & bankai without being able to feel Zangetsu's presence--assuming Zangetsu really is gone forever? And how could a hollow-based power (such as fullbring) be able to manifest shinigami-based abilities? Thanks to Kubo's interviews, we also know that Ichigo has now resumed his substitute related duties (such as performing konso's). So if we assume that Ichigo is using pseudo shinigami abilities born from hollow powers, could his zanpakuto still send lost souls off to Soul Society or purify the souls of hollows?
I don’t really think it’s all that complicated. Ichigo has always had a hard time getting in touch with his shinigami powers. I’m pretty sure it took eight books before he learned Zangetsu’s name (correct me if I’m wrong—I’m doing this based on memory). Also, you have to take into account that Ichigo was human before he was a shinigami, vizored, fullbringer, ext. I've always pictured the souls in the Bleach universe in a Yin and Yang scenario. Where people (humans and shinigami) are inherently born with both yin (hollow) and yang (normal soul). Those who are aware of those powers can exploit them (fullbringers) and some will have to change once the balance beings to shift unevenly (visoreds). To me, Ichigo would always have hollow powers just because it's seemingly in human (and shinigami) nature. Since his father was a shinigami though, it kind of added to Ichigo's favor (in my weird system). And because Isshin was able to regain his powers, what would stop Ichigo from eventually regaining his (since he's apparently half-in-half)?

Also, I’ve always been under the impression that Ichigo got Zangetsu’s powers back when he did the fullbringer training. (That was the deal, wasn’t it? I know it was all some sort of backwards trick that failed, but please, correct me if I’m wrong.) He just hasn’t got in touch with this new version of Zangetsu because he hasn't been in a situation dire enough (or we will flashback to the cage). And yes, I do think Zangetsu will get another face lift. Why? I’m not entirely sure. Probably because of the fullbringer training, but I’m not really questioning the fact how Ichigo is using the sword--I thought that was the reason why we had the last arc.