Thread: Licensed Aoi Hana (TV)
View Single Post
Old 2009-08-13, 06:01   Link #281
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
sorry but i forgot to mention that i agree with you 100% Kaoru Chujo about all 2 shows. My biggest compliant about anime for the past 2 to 3 years has been the quality of writing. Tokyo Magnitude 8.0, Bakemonogatari and Aoi Hana are my 3 favorites as for how powerful the writing is i get drawn instantly into all 3 worlds when im watching. At the core of a series in the story itself and how its portrayed to the audience. Too much emotion it feels forced too little you feel disconnected from the characters all 3 previously mentioned managed to nail the right amount dead on making them successful imo.
Throw Spice and Wolf in there as well. I mean, wow, what a season. We are so blessed, as anime fans. So spoiled for choice.

Ep 6

There was so much in this episode. So many layers to what was going on. I loved the way they kept flipping between the performance, which was deliberate and controlling in the way it held the audience's attention (as stage plays obviously are), and backstage, which was frantic and filled with nervous tension. And they took advantage of this to say a bit more about the characters and relationships as well, first with Akira humourously being semi-tempted by Sugimoto, and then with that very interesting scene between Sugimoto and Kyouko, which, as MeoTwister5 points out, makes a fairly strong hint about the metaphorical relevance of Wuthering Heights and the similarities between Sugimoto and Catherine: as Kyouko says about Catherine, "she's selfish, yet extravagant, and people let her be that way".

Kasai continues to be so underrated as a director. While everyone's enamoured by Shinbo (and rightly so, I'd say), Kasai just continues to go about his business, making gems. This one keeps looking more and more like another one.
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote