View Single Post
Old 2006-11-13, 21:15   Link #113
mimo

the modern Japanese culture looks to be quite self-centered. Anything profitting them is right, everything else is wrong, almost completely disregarding morals, facts, and truth. And an extreme lack of sense of justice with a strong sense of self-righteous-ness. This is my own experience online. During the recent political clash between Korea/China and Japan, some big bunch of crazy idiots from both sides appear on the WWW. However, for the Korea/China side, whenever some crazy idiots post things like "Japanese are all pigs", "We should massacre Tokyo" in Korea/China online bbs, immediately there will be other Korea/China people come out to tell them "shut up racist", "you are worse than those Japanese extremists". But for the Japan side, when some crazy idiot post things like "Korean/Chinese are all pigs", "Korean/Chinese are bad for human gene pool" in Japan online bbs like 2ch, you can only see other Japanese crazy idiots supporting them, but no good man/woman standing up to tell them they are wrong. It looks like there are bad people in all cultures, but the good people in Japan either don't say anything, or are too afraid to say anything.

I don't know whether this will be again rated "crass language" or "flame bait", this is just my own observation of the current modern Japan culture.
mimo is offline   Reply With Quote