View Single Post
Old 2013-01-26, 16:21   Link #31771
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit

Send a message via AIM to AuraTwilight Send a message via MSN to AuraTwilight
Quote:
Also I don't understand how people seem to be so fixed on the YasuIkuko=Evil and RandomIkuko=Grey. How do you get such an idea? The reasons for RandomIkuko=Grey seem very weak. "Curiosity"? Well, sorry Bern but curiosity killed the cat.
Because if Ikuko is Yasu then she's fucking with an amnesiac person to uncover memories she herself already has, and he's not even the person she wants him to be. She's basically taking a third person and forcing them to adopt the selfhood of this stranger she used to like.

Meanwhile Ikuko as a random bystander is basically trying to help an amnesiac person she found, and her harm done to him is pretty much entirely unintentional because she has no clue what he's at risk of remembering.

Yasu!Ikuko has a nasty ulterior motive based around lying to, manipulating, and essentially brainwashing him. Random!Ikuko has no ulterior motive by definition.

Quote:
Touya isn't Battler, so there's nothing strange about it.
Except he has his memories by the time the first six episodes are written.

Quote:
I'm not sure exactly what you're getting at. Is it that it's weird that Will was "in time" even though Battler wasn't?
The metaphor here is that by the time Toya could possibly remember, Yasu is dead in every meaningful way. But to someone like Will reading things for the first time, Yasu is 'alive' until he finishes reading. Will figured it out 'in time'.

Quote:
Of course he is. It happens all the time at his badminton club.
You can totally get your ass pinched and play badminton in a wheelchair.

Quote:
But if nothing else, the number-pun between Ikuko and Yasu had to be intentional on Ryukishi's part, so I really doubt that he would be surprised at the existence of Ikuko=Yasu theories. I don't mean to say that the number-pun absolutely means that Ikuko=Yasu, though, since there are a few explanations for it that don't involve them being the same person. Still, unless it's just a lolredherring, some kind of connection is there.

But if nothing else, the number-pun between Ikuko and Asumu had to be intentional on Ryukishi's part, so I really doubt that he would be surprised at the existence of Ikuko=Asumu theories. I don't mean to say that the number-pun absolutely means that Ikuko=Asumu, though, since there are a few explanations for it that don't involve them being the same person. Still, unless it's just a lolredherring, some kind of connection is there.

Quote:
An interesting thing about Will and Battler is also they shouldn't appear together or so it was said in a tip.
Context is important. In the TIP you're referring to, 'Will and Battler shouldn't appear together' because one overshadows the other. Either Will is the significantly more competent detective or Battler is the God Mode with all the answers. They're separated to maintain dramatic tension, not to hint at their true natures.

Also Williard killed like a thousand witches and is a former Inquisitor of Heresy. How does this convert to Toya?