Thread: Licensed Toradora! Novel Discussion
View Single Post
Old 2008-04-22, 21:34   Link #16
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onizuka-GTO View Post
I know how you feel, i've seen people who won't blink an eye to read 150+ pages of a topic yet then turn round to me and say "read a Japanese- translated BOOK on a computer screen?! no way! too boring! i only read magazines and watch japanese anime!"
Hehe. Have you meet some people in real life who say "I don't read" (that alone is pretty disturbing ) and when you ask whether they have a Facebook or MySpace account, or if they use the online messenger programs, proudly proclaim that they spend many hours a day on them?

I was often inclined to point out that the amount of text being processed through their brains are a lot more than they think, but oh well. If Western Civilization collapses, I know who to blame.

Back to topic: I've been wondering, but in the translated text you guys use a lot of the word "fellow." I personally think that it'd sound more natural in English with similar words like "person" or more gender-specific equivalents like "that girl." Is it okay to edit that part without registering? It bothered me a bit to be honest.
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote