View Single Post
Old 2009-02-26, 19:58   Link #122
chikorita157
ひきこもりアイドル
*IT Support

I have tried out Windows 7... It was okay, but it still felt like Vista in a way, without the major flaws.

I installed this on a Dell Dimension 8400, and I was impressed on how fast it booted on a 4 year old computer. I was pretty impressed on compatibility since most of the programs worked except the Antivirus which broke the system. What is amazing is that it loaded the drivers out of the box, unlike Vista which I was missing sound.

What I didn't like is the Superbar, which combines your open windows on the Taskbar and Quick Launch, because it's too big and I prefer the old taskbar since it's less confusing to use. Another criticism is that UAC is set ]too low by default, which pretty much defeat the purpose of having UAC, which is useful to notify you before doing something that will potentially harm your system. It may be a annoyance to power users, but having UAC on it's default settings can help prevent programs that can potentially damage your system (malware, spyware, etc). The flaw is fixed in the RC build of Windows 7.

Otherwise, Windows 7 is a good upgrade which Windows Vista should have been, but for me, I'm not switching back to Windows 7 as my main operating system since Mac OS X can do pretty much everything it need to do and more. (I still run Windows on my Bootcamp partition)