Thread: Licensed Saki manga
View Single Post
Old 2012-06-11, 12:34   Link #1142
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by ykf566 View Post
Exactly, she's not doing anything, she's not even fully aware of what's going on. Toki is pretty much endangering her own life trying to do something. Yet if Kuro is the one who gets the crowning moment of awesome simply becauses she's a main character through whatever means, it leaves me with a very bad aftertaste. Not to mention this will probably be Toki's last match.
Toki already got her chance to dominate, and she has spent this entire match fighting with a level of perseverance and tenacity that would make Iskandar proud, and even if Kuro does get the final blow, it will be only because Toki tells her to do so. Kuro can take off her clothes and jump on Teru and people will still be saluting Toki (and Kirame) as the heroes mahjong deserves.

The only way this could end up in an infuriating manner is if Kuro believes she did it all on her own, "finding" a weakness in Toki's hand or something like that. That would be plain stupid and would go against all the awesomeness that Toki and Kirame have been pulling out since the beginning. The idea should be that they all join forces to fight a seemingly undefeatable foe, not one moron leaving the table going "wai, go me!" and getting free hugs while the others end in the losers' bench or the hospital.

Also, this is so a shounen series now.
-OP final boss
-Bro character taking the hits for the team
-Powerful good guy risking life by going beyond the limits of her own power
-In the end, the seemingly useless, good-hearted character is the key to salvation

I'm sure there's a specific series that does all this, but the name doesn't come to me right now.
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote