Thread: News Stories
View Single Post
Old 2012-09-21, 18:03   Link #23860
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
@ KiraYamatoFan They get the butter and the money. Marois canceled the hikes while keeping the bonification to the grants. Even worse, the students associations now want Marois to freeze the tuition fees, which would make the problem even deeper.

Let's hope than this monority gouvernment don't last long enough to make much damage, but I am not optimist.
That's the problem when you have a left-winged government and a group of citizens so blinded by their left-wing ideas without adding a dose of moderation. Going far right or far left is nowhere near a good idea in such uncertain times, thus the best way is to be more towards the center. People mostly forgot that it should be about what a citizen can do for his/her country, not what the country can do for him/her.

Apparently, the Liberals have among their candidates for the party's leadership one who could quickly cut the grass under Marois' feet. Even today, Marois made a fool of herself by rearranging the cabinet barely 2 days after naming the people leading the ministries. And that's not all: if protests became the in thing, there are several groups trying to mobilize by late October to make on big demonstration against Marois about all subjects (the way she leads the province, her very poor plan for economics, her political stance, and the bigotry in her party).

I don't think she will last the first year at all. By next spring, I think there will be a new government and Marois will go down towards retirement.

EDIT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
Protesters storm main Islamist militia HQ in Libya's Benghazi
http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/...88K17920120921

Something more constructive and dangerous than manifesting against the US because of a cheap movie...
Wow! Now, that's what I wanted to see: something very constructive and not resulting into violence. Hats off to those guys.