View Single Post
Old 2012-06-03, 08:55   Link #495
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣

Now that I’ve played all the routes and currently have free time, allow me to write my thought of the disc 2 :3

:: Story
With the basic premise to date almost all heroines of OreImo series from the start, it’s already sounds interesting for fan of the series. I mean where else we can find this kind of story other than fan fiction or doujinshi XD But I feel that routes that written by Fushimi-sensei himself are more interesting, have great balance of touching moment and hilarity, with well done dialogues and have the feels of completion with the relationship of most characters resolved; while those weren’t written by him mostly feel just so-so.
And the year-after endings with the children are really fun.

:: Graphic
The improvement of Live2D sprites were great, make the movements smoother. But still I have this feels that new characters’s sprite (Sena, Kanako, Saori) are better than improved old characters’s.

:: Sound
All of the voice actors/actress are really done great, great job here. Their acting make up for the lack of expression that the 2D or Live2D sprites can’t show. I always laughed every time I replay the scene where Kyousuke met Kirara on Kanako route (“Anta tte hito waaaa~~~!!”), Kirino’s “FUOOOOOO!!” on her route, or other hilarious lines. As well as the icha icha/flirty scenes. I usually use the backlog to replay those lines over and over before proceed to the next scene But I wonder why they don’t get all the narration to be voiced too like disc 1.
As for the BGM music, I still don’t get bored of it even though they use (I think) all of the BGM from previous game. The BGM really emphasize the current feeling of each scene perfectly. And for the ED song, ‘Nexus’ is much much better than ‘Secret x2’ from previous game ^^

:: Gameplay
The ORE system and Two-Shot system are still here and they make Two-Shot easier here with the help option, which is great. And the addition of the ‘changing perspective’ is really great because now we can also hear each girl’s thought on the story.
The minus point is probably the game is too linear once we get to specific girl route. There’s almost no story variation for bad ending, with the exception of Ayase that has lots of it, since usually the ‘bad ending’ is you only don’t get to see the epilogue/years-after scene.

:: End verdict
Being an OreImo fan, this is a godly game for me. Well maybe not really a godly since there are definitely some room that can be improved on story department, especially the routes that aren’t written by Fushimi-sensei (Manami and Kuroneko, I’m looking at you). But still, this is a really fun game nonetheless.

And as for my thought for each route, I’ll just put it behind spoiler tag for convenience
Spoiler for thought:

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Another thing they could try would be to release individual stories digitally...
Oh hell yes, an OVA or dedicated tv series spin-off with omnibus format ala Amagami or Yosuga no Sora will be great xD