View Single Post
Old 2008-11-30, 02:40   Link #157
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxxFireArt View Post
I'm starting to wonder. If the manga is monthly, but the anime is weekly. That would mean that the anime will eventually catch up to the manga's story. It seems like one manga chapter equals to about one anime episode, but that creates a problem with time. In one month the anime gets four episodes, on average out, but the manga only gets one out. I wonder what they plan to do to prevent that? Filler arc to give the manga some lead way?
Unlike FMA, Soul Eater follows the manga almost to the letter.
Unlike most series with filler, this is not meant to go on indefinitely. It's got a 52 (51? something like that) episode run and then that's it. Some other show will take its slot. So there's very little motivation to pad things out. At this rate, it'll basically end at where the manga is now. They'll either end it on a cliffhanger and maybe start it up again in a few years or they'll just make up an ending. Considering that they've recently been squashing things rather than drawing them out (it's often closer to 1.5 chapters per episode), I'd say that they intend to make up an ending and are trying to leave themselves enough room to create one that wouldn't be so sudden.