View Single Post
Old 2008-11-30, 03:09   Link #158
FoxxFireArt

Send a message via Yahoo to FoxxFireArt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
Unlike most series with filler, this is not meant to go on indefinitely. It's got a 52 (51? something like that) episode run and then that's it. Some other show will take its slot. So there's very little motivation to pad things out. At this rate, it'll basically end at where the manga is now. They'll either end it on a cliffhanger and maybe start it up again in a few years or they'll just make up an ending. Considering that they've recently been squashing things rather than drawing them out (it's often closer to 1.5 chapters per episode), I'd say that they intend to make up an ending and are trying to leave themselves enough room to create one that wouldn't be so sudden.
I'm not so sure they will just end it like that after 51 episodes. In chapter 55 they just reached Arachna.
I think if they would just make up another end they would of started that sooner. To date it's followed the manga spot on, despite a few fan service changes I mentioned above.
The anime has had a few filler episodes. Mostly Excalibur stuff.

I think you'd tick a lot of people off if you just did cliffhanger end. Would of been better to hold off airing the anime until the manga was further ahead.

Recently, chapter 55 was released last week translated, and episode 34 was released very recently. Episode 35 is out tomorrow. That means that on average the anime will catch up within 20 weeks. It's literally almost moving 4 times faster then the manga.