View Single Post
Old 2009-04-15, 08:35   Link #1643
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Someone needs to tell them it's not loli's it's Ranka..... Fate, Shana, Nagi, Konata, Lousie, Taiga, Kagami, Rika, Hayate's Nagi, Nanoha are all very popular lolis for western fans... I dare say the majority of Sheryl fans on this board are big fans of at least a few of them... I've seen many Sheryl shippers saying Taiga and Nagi are awesome while Toradora and Kannagi were airing.... really it's not loli's, it's Ranka.
Could not agree more. Love Taiga, Shana and Nagi, myself. Ranka, not so much...

As for your points, C.A., you just didn't understand I was being facetious: obviously, it is a matter of taste. I hate most indian music (can't stand the singing voices, most of the time) and my wife hates japanese music (also can't stand the singing), but my daughter actually loves both. No need to wonder how each style of regional song would do internationally - it would just reflect what we have right now, depending on the individual and the mass media drive.

One could also make a (valid) point that the lyrics are accompaniment to the songs - the melodies themselves are what draw most people towards them. If a song has a GREAT set of lyrics, but only a mediocre melody, it probably won't attract all that much attention in the first place - unless you're someone like Bob Dylan, who makes discreet accompaniment to his awesome lyrics.

Finally, math is represented with universal symbols, not in native languages. That's not up to discussion, as we're not talking about enunciation of problems, here, but about the language itself.

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote