View Single Post
Old 2010-04-29, 11:59   Link #272
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJLowrider View Post
Not debating the musical aspect to the show, it's certainly there. But Velsy seems to be looking for a series where music is the focus of the show and at least as far as we've seen the HTT girls (with the exception of Azusa) don't seem to view music as Serious Business™.
Music is their business. I think the show gives more insight into how a band actually operates and what their members really are (normal human beings with an extra touch of moe in this case ).

For purely music, I think he would have a better chance at Broadway. But then again you can't tell real story with details with just music : this is no longer the 12th century where you write Canterbury tales and ballads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Since I find the music in Angel Beats to be about as "generic anime" as it gets (albeit some nice voices - Lia) and pretty hard to listen to for more than a minute ... you're probably not going to find K-On!'s music any more enjoyable this season.

And no, the series continues to be about people who are in a band, not so much about what they play particularly. I'd certainly *like* to see more music and will probably get a few more tunes out of this season.
Agreed. It is not often that you come across visual entertainment with music as its theme. If not for the retro 80-ish nature of White Album, I would have loved it more......

*thinks again*

Well the music is great for that anime, though the storyline is a little too dramatic, otherwise well written. The songs are pretty nostalgic, but have pretty musical styles and lyrics. Ah heck, I loved that anime anyway.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote