View Single Post
Old 2011-01-22, 01:28   Link #21633
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit

Send a message via AIM to AuraTwilight Send a message via MSN to AuraTwilight
Quote:
Wow, your reasoning makes sense, but let's just wait until someone Ep8 and give the answers. About hair colors, if speaking strictly in the real world, all Asians have black hair until they dye it, but as you know it the Japanese when creating their story tend to make characters having any hair colors but rarely black as their natural hair color, I use a real life situation to reason Yasu having blond hair as an inheritance gene from her mother.
Well, I read EP8, my idea is given a lot of weight. That aside, I've had the idea that none of the characters in Umineko actually look like that, and it's a sort of "The appearances of the characters have been changed to protect the innocent" sort of thing. No one comments on Jessica's blonde hair, for example.

Quote:
The reason why my view is different from yours is that I want to look at the situation in a way that there is only one path to the story that is ep8. If you use ep8 as the base, then ep1-7 are half fantasy half reality that explains what if situation, but those situation did not apply to the real Battler who was now Hachijo Toya the novelist. So the magic is a sham.
I'm not really sure what you mean here. Of course the magic is a sham. Did I ever say I believed in magic?

Quote:
Beatrice, Kanon and Shannon is Yasu acting as you said, Yasu might look like Shannon, Ronove is another Genji who acts more openly, Gaap is what Yasu blame for her own negligence, Virgilia is Kumasawa the elder whom she respected and loved and was also her wet nurse. 7 stakes sisters are personification of the maids who bully Yasu in the past so she make them her servants in her imagination when she becomes the witch.
I think Ronove and Virgilia are only based on Genji and Kumasawa. The two aren't present when Beatrice and Maria are creating names and backrounds for their characters in EP7, meaning they're just in Beatrice's head.

Quote:

Clair takes on the appearance of the ghost and look like the doll in the VIP room set up by Yasu that scare the hell out of Jessica saw in EP7
I don't think she WAS the doll. The doll seems to be like a sort of idol where offerings are made up to a spirit like in a Japanese shrine, mixing western and eastern spirituality. Shannon probably hid somewhere, turned off the lights, grabbed the doll, and ran out to create the illusion that the doll came to life. It was too small to be a person.

Quote:
Even if we say that was Yasu's acting, how come she is allowed to do it and no one found out, what about Jessica, Natsuhi and Krauss, don't they at least check the servant roster before hiring them? or do you think Genji knows but cover for Yasu because he knows she is the true successor? As far as I know Genji give Kanon and Shannon the hint to the solution of the epitaph in Ep7 (assuming that in reality he was talking only to one human Yasu who takes on the appearance of Shannon)
I'm 100% positive that Genji, Nanjo, and Kumasawa are in on it, since they certainly know she's Beatrice and such. Thus, it'd be easy to create the roster for Kanon and stuff. Natsuhi is insane, Krauss doesn't really pay attention to the servants. Jessica's really the only problem here, and some people have speculated that Jessica knows. Perhaps, the theory goes, she asked Shannon to pretend to be her boyfriend, and thus Kanon was created. Then Jessica fell in love for real, and things got complicated...

I don't believe that, but it's a valid idea, I guess. I simply think that she just didn't pick up on it. Jessica's trusting to a fault and takes things at face value to the point that lots of fans think she's stupid.