View Single Post
Old 2012-03-08, 22:56   Link #86
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
I have a different view on this. Minato is the best example, he didn't have any advanced bloodline, yet he became the hokage and not someone from the great clans. So was the case with the 3rd hokage. Another example is Ororchimaru, and also Kabuto, even if they did it the evil way, but they worked hard to gain abilities that others like Madara or Hashirama have simply had by default. Then there's Jiraiya too, just like the other 2 sannins, he became a sage.
One thing all these shinobi have in common is that they all had help from Kage level shinobi's at one time or another. For example, Minato had Jiraiya, Oro & Jiraiya had Hiruzen, Hiruzen had the 2nd, and even Kabuto had Oro to learn from. Ultimately, I'd argue that advanced bloodlines & genetics only compose part of what makes the top-tier shinobi so powerful in this series. Because without Kage level shinobi guiding them, characters like Sasuke and Naruto wouldn't be anywhere's near the level they're at now. I'd even take this a step further by stating that above all else, the sensei's are more important than the genes when it comes to determining one's destiny for greatness (or lack of). I'm sure there are a few exceptions. But for the most part, this seems to be the case.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote