View Single Post
Old 2012-03-09, 20:38   Link #99
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
I don't see it that way. I think what infuriated naruto more was seeing it done right in front of him. if kakashi was killed right in front of his eyes I believe he would have reacted the same way. likewise, if he arrived at the fight and was told that hinata was already killed, I don't think he would have gone crazy and tried to completely unseal the kyuubi from the news.
If you agree that Hinata's apparent death had such a huge impact on Naruto then i guess we only disagree on it's effect being strong enough after Naruto talked with his father.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
by the time naruto reached nagato for their face to face, he was much calmer and I believe would have negotiated for peace and tried to understand where nagato was coming from regardless of who he thought was still dead or not. I'm sure it was a relief to hear she was alive, but I don't see it as a game changer, when kakashi (someone who means much more to him than hinata) is lying dead on the same battlefield he just left
Here is our disagreemant then, he just saw minutes ago Nagato killing Hinata in cold blood and also giving Naruto a speech about killing her and other things like that. In my opinion knowing that she's alive and that also many others are alive was quite important for Naruto to be able to calm down and be able to supress his rage. And we, the readers, were even more affected, since we see how Sakura and Neji are there and try to save her, while Naruto doesn't see that. So if Kishimoto shows us Sakura saying that Hinata's vital points were hit and she's dying then would we accept that meanwhile she dies Naruto lets Nagato go away? The author obviously wants the reader to be on the hero's side, but if Hinata died before our eyes, while in the same chapter Naruto doesn't seek revenge, we readers would never accept the hero's decisions.

If we remove this reasoning from the equation than killing Hinata would be the best thing for dramatic effect. A death has always much more impact than just being wounded. And i think Kishimoto would have done that if he knows that she will be revived anyway.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote