View Single Post
Old 2012-05-07, 15:15   Link #105
kuromitsu

MI-XY - well damn, it was time I was right about something...

Anyway, when this is over and Amata survives he'll write a book titled "Amata Sora - The Story Of My Youth, or How I Came To Hate Cats"

Mykage and Zessica.
ZESSICA, LET'S CHANGE PLACES PLEASE OH MYKAGE WHY DO YOU HAVE TO BE SO DAMN PRETTY
Also, I've been liking Mykage's facial expressions in the recent episodes. In the first part his default expression was that smug smirk, but recently he's been showing various expressions, and in this ep you could tell he was being sincere when he told Zessica about the pain of not being chosen. Also, there was more than a little Touma in him here, but I still don't think he's Touma (reincarnation or the real thing). His personality is just so different, and how would an angel be born without the Tree of Life anyway? (Then again, he's pretty much the only angel around, and as we've seen from the Genesis flashbacks, Touma will be important in one way or another.)

Mikono... "I have something to tell you. I will definitely tell you when I come back!" - this is supposed to be the other way around! XD;; It should be you gazing after your love interest disappearing into the sunset! But then, it appears poor Amata still hasn't been given the chance to be a proper main character... -_- hopefully he's getting there now that he found his mom. Mikono and Zessica have been set on the path (I expect Zessica will be "forced" to switch sides and hand Aquarion over to Mykage, or something like that), so I really hope that all main characters will grow into their role in the following couple of episodes.

The former Commander/Principal has been demoted into donut-fetching boy. ^^;; But... Fudou, with donuts the sweet stuff is ON the ring, not IN it... ^^;; Btw, re: miketyson's elaboration on why Neo-Deava just doesn't work as a proper military organization: Crea is worried about being defenseless, so they send five Vectors to Altair. Just so Neo-Deava would be totally defenseless should anyone try to attack. ^^;;

Shrade switching with Cayenne. Just let me die of nosebleed (daamn poor Sazanka didn't get to see this XD)

Shrade again with his invisible violin. He was like a boss in this entire episode, I guess they want to give him a chance to shine before they eventually off him... (NOOOOOOO!!! well, it's been coming for a long time, but still I want Cayenne to hold him and sob over him as he dies)

...and oh wow, Zessica and Yunoha are turning into guys, too. Oh my. OH MY. xD (now I want to see the guys get genderbent, too. I'm sure girl!Amata would be insanely cute.) By the way I guessed that the "boy" was a girl (and therefore likely to be Mix) before the big reveal - his chara design was the same as the girls'. ^^;; I wonder, not for the first time, why they didn't bother to "consolidate" the two art styles. As great as it is that male and female characters have different body types (girls are slender, guys are broader and more "heavy" looking), the very striking differences in face profiles are a bit wtf.

As for MI-XY being a younger boy, I think it's simply because her seiyuu can't do a proper "male" voice (like Yamaguchi Mayumi, Paku Romi or Takayama Minami) so they had to de-age MI-XY so the voice wouldn't be off. The seiyuu is doing an okay job, but her boy voice wouldn't pass for a male of Mix's age.

By the way, what happened to Amata's wings? He hasn't been using them to fly for a while. In the beach episode there were no signs of wings on his ankles, but I thought it was just the staff being lazy. But yet again he flew without using the wings... and yet Izumo goes, "the boy with the wings"? ^^;;

Next week - Aquarion glows with an evil black light. Oooo. Come to think of it, it's high time the poor mecha gets some spotlight, too, given that the entire series is named after it...

ETA:
Regarding all the discussions about the girls->guys genderbending going on at Altair, there's just one more point. If women who go to Altair all turn into guys, why is Alisia still very obviously a woman? Perhaps this is why she's in stasis, because otherwise she would've turned into a man, too? Maybe she knew this would happen when she left Amata behind at Vega?

Last edited by kuromitsu; 2012-05-07 at 15:35.