View Single Post
Old 2012-08-01, 15:32   Link #521
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Honestly, I don't really see anything "fiscally conservative" in Satsuki's platform at all, based on what we've seen so far. Looks like straight up redistribution of wealth to me.
Cutting spending for clubs (essentially, a "social program") in order to finance spending elsewhere is more in line with fiscal conservatism than raising taxes (in this case, raising tuition or adding some new student fees/raising existing ones) or engaging in deficit spending.

One of the things that got the current Student Council President in trouble was "unaccounted expenditures" (see 13:32 to 13:55 of Episode 1). Such expenditures is also what Satsuki used against the General Affairs Commissioner. That does seem to at least hint at the possibility of deficit spending to me (although it also makes it clear that this school would frown on it).

Should you be right in your interpretation, it means that Satsuki cares about the poorer students at her school. But it also means that the methods she's using to help them are ones of considerable fiscal restraint.

Honestly, I don't know why you seem to be equating cuts to spending on school clubs with... raising taxes on the rich, I guess. The kids in the Food Club aren't rich, or they wouldn't be worrying about raising money for a political campaign.