View Single Post
Old 2012-08-03, 13:28   Link #536
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan View Post
I have no idea on how the scholarship must solve the bullying issues. Anyone have one ?
This is part of the reason why I (at least initially) didn't make the same connection that Guardian Enzo and Relentlessflame did. It's also why I'm not totally sold on it yet, although it would probably make for more compelling drama and would also probably tie things together a bit better.

It's not clear to me how the introduction of a scholarship program and/or additional funding for poor students would stop the bullying. Like Haak said, I'm inclined to think it would make things worse (especially since students would be bitter over losing their clubs in order to, presumably, have additional funding for the poorest students).

The only thing I can see right now is this: The poorer students get picked on because they're always busy working and don't socialize as much as the other students do. The fact that they're seemingly always working might lead some students to think they never do anything else (like, say, keep up good personal hygiene - hence the "You stink" bullying ). So scholarships would free up poorer students from having to work as much (if at all), and hence enable them to socialize normally, thus breaking down the boundaries causing the bullying.

It makes some sense to me, but it is a bit of a stretch.

I'm hoping that Episode 5 will shed some further light on things.