View Single Post
Old 2006-03-28, 18:07   Link #97
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama
Not another one. When will this trend of turning hentai games into anime end?
You know, you don't have to watch them. No one's forcing you. If you don't like ero-game to anime conversions, there are plenty of other series to choose from. If you do decide to watch Kanon, please don't prejudge the series based on other titles you've seen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame
Anyway, the way I look at it is this: Key knows that remaking an anime that's only 5 years old is a risk - if it fails, it'll not only have poor sales, but it'll hurt sales of the original too, and leave a negative impact on their game fans (their "bread and butter", so to speak). So, for Kyoto Animation to commit to a 24-episode series (their first project that long ever, I think?), somebody must really think this is going to work. So, I'm at least willing to give it a shot.
Given the response here, I can only imagine it would be greater in Japan, where Kanon is more well known. As such, I think it'll be a success unless KyoAni does something to screw it up. However, so far all signs are pointing that it'll be their usual quality animation, and with 24 episodes, it won't suffer from the lack of time the original adaptation did.

Besides, a new adaptation would probably boost sales of the game. Any otaku in Japan who haven't played the game yet may now decide to seek it out. Not to mention those who have played it, but lost, sold, ect, their copy may now buy another one to play it again.

As for those concerned about possible filler, a shorter series wouldn't work. The original had to leave a lot out, and had a rather disjointed feel. At 24 episodes, it'll give them room to include more of each girl's story, and tie things together properly.

I'm actually looking foward to the discussion of this series almost as much as the series itself. This will be the first ero-game to anime conversion where a good number of english speaking fans are familiar with the plot. It'll be interesting to see how that effects the discussion.