View Single Post
Old 2009-10-20, 11:07   Link #26
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawrz View Post
Why (no offense I know Mihawk is strong and blahblah) waste it on a normal non-devil fruit human like Mihawk? Correct me if Im wrong but the main purpose of Luffy's haki's is to get rid of logias once and for all, not to haki blast everything he comes across.
Seems like people still don't get Haki.

It is not a tool to defeat Devil Fruits, it is the measure of a person's will and spirit.

The introduction of Haki and how it neutralises abilities is not to show that it is a key to defeating the Devil Fruit users. Instead it is to show that Devil Fruits are just another weapon that one can use to fight, but to fight one must have the will.

Like fighting spirit (touki in Hokuto no Ken), which drives people to fight and defeat each other, ambition or dominating spirit, Haki, is the driving force for people to defeat all obstacles to reach for their goals.

If your Haki is strong enough, you will not stop at any obstacle, you will get around them if you can, smash them if you can't get around and if the opponent is stronger than you, you don't give up until you die.

You can say that Haki is fighting spirit in a broader sense.

Read the entire Haki thread if you haven't.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/