View Single Post
Old 2009-12-09, 14:53   Link #32
chounokoe

Send a message via MSN to chounokoe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kite22 View Post
I don't think it's fair at all to say it had no real purpose, especially when we don't know who the Goats are supposed to represent during the magical scenes (most likely Gohda though) and just removing it is stupid. They get out of jail, run through tunnels, get out and then randomly get sniped. THAT is terrible pacing, Episode 4 had perfectly fine pacing but this was terrible, even without BroGoat the fact that they screwed up Battlers denial scene makes this episode terrible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaginari View Post
Ugh. I hope that you guys are wrong about this one. The material covered by this episode contains most of the high points of the arc and some major, major plot points as well. If had been done well it would probably be more momentous than ep. 18 and serve as a bigger climax to the season than what follows.

And, seriously, no red text on the sin? The flag battle I knew was going, I finished mourning it long ago. But, like, isn't this a massive clue? Heck, doesn't she use the red after Battler quite plausibly accuses her of not telling the whole truth? Don't we need it confirmed? I don't know, maybe DEEN's budget ran out of red crayon or something.
You can hate to admit it or not but...we don't know what is important and what is unimportant yet. As long as Ryukishi really does have an eye on how they are structuring the episodes all is good and well, if not we may run into some massive fail, but still...we don't know.
We neither know what Goats are supposed to be, or if they have any purpose except being magical cannonfodder at all...everybody can argue that DEENs portrayal works against his/her own interpretation or theory, but if it is harmfull to the mystery nobody except Ryukishi himself might know.

Also
Quote:
THAT is terrible pacing, Episode 4 had perfectly fine pacing but this was terrible,
might be true for you, but for me this part of the VN crawled like a sick snail on valium...somehow it was lacking any real effect for me at all.
That IS subjective, of course....but it shows that different people regard different things as important and as long as we don't have rock solid proof that important stuff was omitted it is all subjective.