Thread: Macross - Q & A
View Single Post
Old 2008-09-02, 22:37   Link #317
ZippyDSM
Incoherance is my friend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Episode 19 ~ 21 has some of the worst pacing in a popular anime franchise. It took only 5 minutes before big bro convinced the Black Knights (which consist of morons in its entirety) that Lulu is supposedly evil. Never mind that the BKs never even bothered giving Lulu a chance for an explanation and wanted to execute him on the spot. Do the Black Knights lack basic, proper logical intelligence, or what?

Then it took just one episode for a huge unsurprising revelation, a recycled Destiny Plan, M. Bison/Shining Finger and Lulu's seat on the Imperial throne. All in just 20 minutes minus the opening and ending credits. Are you catching your breath? Me too.

And what of Lulu himself? This guy is a recycled Reinhard from Legend of the Galactic Heroes (an epic series that no one should miss), complete with some form of sister complex, an unofficial asexual, and has a preference for red-haired best friend/aide de camp.

Never mind that they had the same goal, a goal spawned from their upbringing, and as of right now, Lulu just accomplished what Reinhard thought was his life-long ambition. Although big bro is hardly Lulu's Yang Wen-Li.

- Tak
They short changed more than a couple eps, they are rushing to fit it into a 2X format which it really needed a 3X format to really do the show justice.

Even so it's not "bad".

gaaa I need to see Legend of the Galactic Heroes, I have it on my lsit tho.

Lulu itself...er...himself *hides from the fangirls* is not to bad the asexaul bit is perhaps overplayed but look at the character type a few other characters are not overtly sexual they have to many issues to worry about sex and issues+mental stress lowers blushing to a minimum, he could be more blunt about euphy and such it was a accident but I guess he is bearing the burden and that will aid in corrupting his character donw the line if he is not careful.

AS for the BKs joining with the big mac... ... ... did I just say that?

Anyway Ogi is has issues on 2 fronts 1 is Zero=Lulu+ geass the other is whats her name he is stressed out and might be losing it, the BKs themselfs do not know how many of freyas the empire has that(which is heavily under played) and the other is Zero=Lulu+ geass , while the meeting could have been handled better they postponed further discussions so they are still in a temp truce.

R2 is like a really good wine with a bad after taste and depending on how it plays out it might one of those lingering ones, and MF is like one of those wines or drinks that kicks you in the mouth now and then its good but funky, I hope they clean it up and have a solid ending...I don't want other MZ happening....
ZippyDSM is offline   Reply With Quote