View Single Post
Old 2008-12-14, 07:48   Link #642
Galerian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick_rick View Post
A-Laws does not only fight terrorist organizations. Seel was an officially recognized and legitimate government. Yes, they were associating with terrorists but you'd be hard press to find a government in the world which didn't on certain levels. I don't believe this is an EF project either. It seems to be only a collaboration between Ribbons and Wang so far. Ribbons probably used his backdoor connections and influence in EF to get it built but I doubt they actually know much about it true purpose.
I went 'hahaha' when I read this.

You really think a country like Seel would start a conventional war against the Earth Federation? No, they would most likely finance and supply terrorists (a time tested method as you said). Hence, A-LAWS would still be fighting the same kind war even though a legitimate government is involved. So, they still won't need such a weapon.

As for the EF not knowing what the Memento Mori would do after it completion. Pfff. You can use backdoor connections and influence to smuggle some arms, not to construct a giant orbital battlestation that dwarfs cariers. I find it hard to believe.

Oh and as for nuclear weapons not being cheap. Unfortunately they are. Why do think relative poor countries like Iran and North-Korea these days have/had/can-have their own nuclear programs. They could turn out nuclear weapons by the dozens if we let them.

@wtfftw

'pretty much destroys what Galerian said'? Arguments aside, I find it hard to believe one opinion can destroy another.
Galerian is offline   Reply With Quote