View Single Post
Old 2011-10-16, 22:02   Link #74
Headgamer

Glad they started explaining what happened for us non LN people. So Yuji's being possessed/sharing his body with some long past leader of Bal Masque. The "Hey, guess what: I'm evil now" transition starts to make a bit more since.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
So Yuji turns out to have teamed with team rocket err... the Bal Masque. I hope they are not the best this series has to offer, since they're not a particularly exciting lot outside of Hecate, aside from the occasional attempts to steal Pikachu err Yuji. But they've already succeeded, so... why not get a few jobbers to lose to you to gain some credbility?

I also can't help but laugh at Yuji's new voice, especially the shifting. Mind you, it's a very sexy voice, but for some reason I keep thinking of the talking cat from Haruhi. It's that silly. What else? Stuff. Shana's experiencing angst, obviously because Yuji is gone. This is reasonable, but I'm rather disappointed everyone else is unwilling to care. Why do you people think Shana is not focused? Gah.

But not is all bad. The last scene involving Keisaku was really good. It's kinda sad that he's way more developed then most of the other characters in this anime. Shana II may be bashed often, but Keisaku's personal growth in it was something to be admired and appreciated. It represents the series at its best. The tension came from the alert that there might be an enemy nearby, and his freaking out was the second time in these 2 episodes where I could feel for a character and understand his actions. I mean, he's just a normal; he can't do anything by himself. Or can he?
^ Best post in the thread.

Ya, Yuji's new voice is too deep for my tastes and it dose remind me of the Haruhi cat.

Save for that though I enjoyed this episode more then the first. There's something to be said about having to piece together wtf happened in the first episode. I think getting a few more pieces to the puzzle added some enjoyment for me. Although, I still wish it was at least for shadowed in S2.