Thread: Crunchyroll Saki
View Single Post
Old 2009-07-21, 02:14   Link #1584
emauser

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjalorak View Post
Both Koromo and Saki seem to have a specialty; however, this specialty arises out of their ability to KNOW certain things. Saki seems to know what's in the dead wall. Koromo seems to both know the last tile in the wall and be able to influence and partially control the flow of the round.
That's just part of their abilities. IMO Saki also has insane amount of luck. I mean getting a concealed kong in most of the rounds is incredible. And in the rest she is capable of getting melded kong. She is also good at reading other players. Like when she guessed that Yumi is getting Kokushi (at that time she also stated that she can read other's discards so that also played a role). I think that she doesn't sense only dead wall but in some degree what all tiles are. In her strategy calling pung would be useless if she didn't know she would get fourth tile to make a kong.

As for Koromo it's like Touka (I think) stated: control. It's about making other players think: "Will she get the last tile?", "If I call now will I be able to throw her off?". It's like manipulating others so they don't think about their own hands and as a result are playing into hers. She messes with their minds and sometimes even let's them win to strike harder in the next hand. And there's also the "power" (for the lack of better word) that stops others from getting past tenpai or even getting one.
emauser is offline   Reply With Quote