View Single Post
Old 2011-11-09, 18:57   Link #13
AbZeroNow
North American Haruhiist

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhl88 View Post
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...knows-dub-cast

Dub finalized:
Sentai Filmworks announced on Wednesday its English dub cast for its upcoming release of The World God Only Knows television anime series. Sentai Filmworks will release the first season on Blu-ray and DVD in January, with the second season slated to be released later on in 2012.

The dub cast is as follows:

Keima Katsuragi – Chris Patton
Elsie – Luci Christian
Kanon Nakagawa – Brittney Karbowski
Shiori Shiomiya – Hilary Haag
<list snipped to the four biggest roles of the 1st season>

In addition Sentai Filmworks noted that Steven Foster will direct the dub.

Sentai Filmworks had announced that it had licensed the series. The company then confirmed last month that it licensed both seasons of the show.
Chris Patton was a great choice for Keima. I'm sure his "let me show you something" will be as epic as "not a problem".
I am surprised that Luci got Elsie. Usually Luci voices the tsunderes, but I think she does a good airhead character too. I would have thought Monica Rial would get this role, but Luci can match the charm that Kanae Ito has(well...maybe).
I was hoping Cristina would get Kanon because Kanon sings a lot and Cristina Vee can dub insert songs really well. I take it that the Kanon insert songs are going to remain in Japanese?
I loved Hilary's take on Tessa in FMP, and I hope she can bring her A-game to Shiori, my favorite of the girls that have been animated so far. I know she has big shoes to fill since Shiori's seiyuu is Kana Hanazawa