View Single Post
Old 2012-09-02, 04:26   Link #179
tenton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Yeah, I'm completely with Guardian Enzo on this. This really sounds like grasping at straws for PR Damage Control to me.

I like Kokoro Connect and it's really unfortunate that something like this has happened to the KC franchise (I especially feel for the writer of the KC novels), but it was selling poorly (as an anime) anyway. It's not like this controversy makes the difference between a likely 2nd season and no 2nd season - a 2nd season was unlikely in any event. This just makes it even more unlikely.
Mediocre sales is one thing. It's now not selling at all. They're also cancelling things they did not intend to cancel (e.g. the radio show; the CD was supposed to come out on 9/26, wonder what's going to happen to that now). This controversy makes it from maybe not making a whole lot of money to losing money. And it could have the potential to spill over to other things (anyone think that Eufonius might be in for a world of hurt for the time being? Poor Riya...)

As for the PR response now...it's like they're reading from the "The Bad PR Handbook". They're already going with the "it's taken out of context" move and also trying the "hey, we're the victims here" (illegal upload of stuff), along with the "we're sorry you got offended" move. What's next, Kikuchi going with the "my Twitter was hacked" or the equally believable "my brother/friend got a hold of my phone" moves? The apology is like shooting oneself in the foot, then pouring gasoline all over it and then lighting it on fire. Kokoro Connect sales were going to tank; are they trying to get all of King Records' shows to tank in the future? It would have been better if there was no "apology", seriously.