View Single Post
Old 2013-03-16, 00:13   Link #7
Dr. Casey

Quote:
Originally Posted by thundrakkon
Has Mamoru helped out in any situation throughout the story
I like Mamoru, I'm sure that I would have been reduced to a whimpering mess when I was 12 years old during the camping trip just like he was, and I think he would have grown up to become a cool and competent person with time (I enjoyed the scant bits of dialogue he received in the second story arc, he was already quite a bit cooler at 14 than he was at 12), but the honest answer to this question is 'nope.' Mamoru's not an antagonist, but he's not much of an asset... he's rather useless during his limited screentime. His role in the story is to illustrate the feelings of those that are destroyed by the depravity of their world, in contrast to those who are brave enough to rise against it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu
Oh man, Saki is going to get so much hate. I don't know if I want to see it... -_-
Hm, I think Saki performed quite well this episode, and very clearly showed the stability and strength that Tomiko spoke of. She's still thinking clearly and trying to do the right thing (or the more idealistic thing, anyway, which is also the more difficult route than "It's a fiend, let's blow it away") despite her stress. Unless you mean her "bros before Minoshiros" moment, which was indeed pretty sad. ;_; Poor little guy. What is Kiroumaru's reason for disliking Squealer so much, by the way?

I remember Triple_R saying that Yakomaru's appearance will take on a grander feeling due to his being scarce and hidden for so long, and that's completely true; it was quite the rush hearing his voice again, an impact that will surely be even greater next episode whenever he makes a direct appearance. Hope Saki and Satoru manage to kill him next episode. Shin Sekai Yori is a complex world full of morally gray characters, but there's one simple truth in this complicated world that rings eternal: Yakomaru is a dick and needs to die. I've disliked him since learning that he never had any intention to keep Maria and Mamoru safe.