View Single Post
Old 2012-04-25, 10:57   Link #92
marvelB

^Hey, like we were just saying a few posts back, it's still likely that a chapter (or at least a spoiler) will come along as soon as this weekend....

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
I'd hope Oda wouldn't be so uncreative as to create a power that is simply the "solid" form of the Lava Lava fruit (especially considering that Akainu's attacks will, eventually, simply turn to rock after they have cooled down)...
Y'know, it's funny: For the longest time I figured that a rock/stone based logia was pretty much inevitable at some point. But still, even if you say that such a power would be redundant since we already have Akainu's power, don't we kind of already have seemingly redundant powers with various differences already (like fire/magma/phoenix, or now smoke/gas)?

Really, I have no issue with a rock-based power being its own separate ability from magma. I have full confidence that Oda will make it unique enough to stand on its own (like for instance, it might be something more specific like a yama yama (mountain) fruit or something).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
A: That's a bad translation, it's Kinemon, the Will o' Wisp.

Actually, I'm glad this was brought up again. See, I was just checking out the raw for this chapter and found that his name was written as "狐火の錦えもん" (Kitsune-bi no Kinemon) or Kinemon of fox-fire. Now, I mentioned before that fox-fire can also be considered a form of the will o' the wisp. Knowing this, I'm now more certain than ever that our Wano samurai friend is a mythical zoan based on a fox youkai.

Last edited by marvelB; 2012-04-25 at 11:10.