View Single Post
Old 2013-04-03, 03:44   Link #1517
Snuffle
likes cute things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
I thought the stage performances looked great. By that, I mean the performances Muse put on at the end of Episode 3, at the end of Episode 8, at the end of Episode 11, and at the end of Episode 13. All of these performances had a really nice, polished look to them, and the characters felt extremely energetic and dynamic in their movements. I also loved the stage costumes for the first three of these four.

In fairness, I can't compare to AKB0048, as I didn't watch much of that show. But I did watch a lot of iDOLM@STER, and I can't recall it having stage performance dance/song numbers as enjoyable/memorable to me as the ones in Love Live!
Interesting that I feel the exact opposite when regarding the performances of Love Live vs Idolm@aster. Idolm@ster really struck home with me with the use of the angles, and zero to very little use of cg (or extremely well done cg, since I didn't even notice the transition).

Love Live on the other hand, the cgs make the characters look like plastic, I almost always irk whenever I look at them. In the final episode, it was extremely apparent when the transition happened between the hand drawn art and the cgs.

Regarding the songs, I liked Idolm@ster a whole lot more than Love Live. However, I like Love Live's characters a lot more than Idolm@ster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Though IM@S has lots of memorable song & dance numbers though, like Jibun Rest@rt, which imho still beats out any of the numbers in Love Live due to sheer energy. To me, the most memorable of the Love Live numbers was Start Dash, specifically the very first one.
I feel the exact same way lol. Rest@rt is my favorite song in Idolm@ster.
Snuffle is offline   Reply With Quote