Thread: Licensed + Crunchyroll Space Battleship Yamato 2199 (movie & TV)
View Single Post
Old 2013-06-03, 20:55   Link #2258
YF19EX

Man eps 15 and 18 have some of the best ship to ship combat I have seen in any anime for a long time. Each frame unique, nothing repeated. Loved the little details here and there. The Yamato using starboard thrusters to ram itself into Dromel's flagship with the battle damage carrying itself into the next ep. Again attention to detail is spectacular.

There is also the nice contrast found in the two battles. In ep 15 you got Yamato facing a smaller (although outnumbered over 200 to one probably) concentrated ambush and being saved at the last minute. To jumping the naval review where they were outnumbered 10,000 to 1 but it was shooting fish in a barrel due to catching the fleet off guard and their formation not allowing for effective counter attack. Anaval Gato would be proud. And if one does not exist, Naval Reviews should become a trope for asking for disaster.

I know Dromel will be deploying the carriers and the drill missile ship. I can't remember what happened in the original, but did it involve another ambush? With most of the fleet in disarray and about at the midpoint from home, I think there may not be much left around the Gamillon homeworld. But I am sure the imperial guard still has most of its fleet close by.

Two more blurays to go and I know they will probably find a way to outdo these two battles. I am considering heading back to Tokyo for TGS but am probably going to miss the last show before it goes out of theaters.
YF19EX is offline   Reply With Quote